Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sometimes birthdays suck!

Yesterday was Jennie's 29th. It was also, in her words, her worst birthday ever. I could see that statement being justified. It was a really bad day. Maybe I'll share why later. Maybe I won't.

But it was a really bad day and as much as I was able to temporarily soothe her and allieve her pain, it was only a temporary solution. As much as I want to be the Man of All Answers and Comfort, I'm just another Thunderheaded Man.

And then it strikes me that God the Father is the God of all Comfort, and my job is to lead her to God. And I haven't been doing the best job at that.

I'm trying to fix that problem. I'm beginning to fix myself and my sorrowful spiritual condition, but in the meantime, I had some walls arise from things I done and decisions I made. Those are all slowly starting to turn (and, yes, reap). But in the meantime, I'm realizing that my primary job to my wife is going to be her priest - her guide-to-God.

Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. Rewind.