Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wondering Where the Lions Are

This would be a big plug for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Or, at least I'm sure Aslan would be proud (if you don't know what either of those are, I refer you to the music post a couple down).

The story goes that some men were abducting this child somewhere in Africa. True story. This little ten, eleven year old girl was going to be sold as some a**'s wife. As she was whimpering and crying for help, she received it- in the form of a group of lions. No kidding. They came out of nowhere and ambushed the ambushers, till they all fled. And then the great cats stood by the girl on watch until the police arrived. At which point the guardians dispersed.

A little bit of Tarzan, a little bit of Sheena, a little bit of Second-Hand Lions, or the Jungle Book, or even Aqua Man (who has super-powers, Timi). But really I'm thinking two things:

1) The Christological (that means, it represents the figure of Jesus Christ, but not literally) Aslan.

2) Bruce Cockburn's (pronounced, Coa-bern, like James) "Wondering Where the Lions Are." Which was the song that the radio station played after that news bit.

Because I do, sometimes, wonder where the lions are.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    When I read that, I thought,

    "Do not touch my anointed ones;
    do my prophets no harm."

    The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe is such a great story. I used to have dreams that I was chillin in Narnia feasting on Turkish Delight.

    I'm inspired to sing...

    *sings* The windows of Heaven are open, the [fire] falling tonight. I've got joy, joy down in my soul since Jesus made everything right. I gave Him my old filthy garnment & He gave me a robe of pure white. Now I'm feasting on manna from Heaven, and that is why I'm happy tonight.

    The End.

    ReplyDelete
  2. timi,

    yeah, i don't know that song. but i'm def familiar with turkish dee because of the books. and now trader joes - a couple times.

    but wasn't that a great story? man, i know people could attribute it to all sorts of nat phenomenom, but it was God who orchestrated that all.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. Rewind.