Thursday, June 09, 2005

For the second time in two months...

My computers will not allow me to go to any known blogspots. Apparently, there's some poor soul out there who subscribes to the same internet-blocker that we have at my church office and feels that there are just too many swimsuits and lingeries laying around. God bless that completely over-sensitive person. But, please, do not enforce your morality on the rest of us! So I can't see anybody else's blogs who are also on blogspot nor can I directly answer the couple of comments I've received within the last day. But I can blog. Sorta.

Chicago Public Schools are slow. We're just closing down shop. This extended weekend we will have our graduations. Yeahhhh! Oh, now I worry so much. As a youth director and discipler, I just see so many youth cling to either the God of their parents or the God decidedly not of their parents and then abandon the faith altogether once they try to spread their wings and - quite honestly - abandon their parents along with their childhood. Give 'em a couple years, they start to feel a nostalgia for the old, or a sense that maybe everything wasn't so bad in the first place. They return for a visit or two. Sometimes they rekindle their fire. Often it doesn't last. There has to be a better way of real, sustainable life-transformation. I won't be a youth director for long, but I see my place in the lives of youth being life-long, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can and question as much as I can during this tenure, since it goes hand-in-hand with my job at this point.

I've got a lot of other stuff that I want to write about, but not much time today. Hopefully tomorrow. And let me put the next in the series about L,L,C up here.

peace,
jason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. Rewind.