Saturday, February 11, 2006

Seattle's disappointing loss, How I overcame the flu and lived to tell about it, etc.

  • It's not the fact that Seattle lost that upset me. It's that the best offense in the NFC procured a total of 10 points in the flippin' Game On Super Bowl.
  • My girlfriend doesn't like red. Now, what am I supposed to do for Valentine's Day? Walking around as a big ol' beating heart, apparently, is out.
  • I had the flu last weekend, I think. I say I think because I'm not quite sure. It sure felt like it, through the first day and a half of sleeping through the weekend. After that, I was fairly well-rested. I just didn't have my voice back and was at a bit of a loss in the classroom. Of course, by Wednesday I regained my voice. Wednesday night, the hearing left. Had large glups of goo coming out of my ear on Thurs/Fri.
  • I hate ear infections.
  • I hate being whiny when I'm sick.
  • I don't know what else to do when I'm sick.
  • I don't think I'll be watching the Winter Olympics. I know it's the tip-top. I know it's the creme de la creme. The best athletes in the world jostling for position in just about ever game imaginable on snow (except the ever-growing sports of Snow Angel and Snow Person Building. Which, if there was any justice in the world, will fill the space left by the Skleleton in four years). It's just that the games are - how would I say this? - just not male enough.
  • The Greek gods were a messed-up crew. And Zeus was into bestiality.

1 comment:

  1. regarding Zeus and bestiality?

    that's nasty talk, jennie.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. Rewind.