Tuesday, January 02, 2007

If you like the Beatles, then you would like TV on the Radio

I'm just getting around to listening to some late editions - possible contenders for my list of favorite albums of 06.

Tell me what you think. Anybody out there big fans - or detractors - of:

  • TV on the Radio, Return to Cookie Mountain (I'm really, really digging this album.)
  • The Hold Steady, Boys and Girls in America (Despite all the hype and Springsteenyness, I'm enjoying the energy on this.)
  • Nas, Hip Hop Is Dead (O my. So much cursing.)
  • Derek Webb, Mockingbird (I mean, besides Wasp Jerky.)

  • Pigeon John, ... And the Summertime Pool Party (OK, actually this is making the list, point-blank. But I'd still like to know what people are thinking.)
  • Fred Hammond, Free to Worship (It's been too long.)
  • Bob Dylan, Modern Times (Had this one for awhile. But it's so long and meandering... Kind of like some of my posts.)
  • The Choir, O How the Mighty Have Fallen (Circle Slide is one of my favorite albums of all time. I have a fear that this won't live up. cf. Fred Hammond.)

1 comment:

  1. I really, really like Return to Cookie Mountain, too. And Modern Times. And, of course, Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. Rewind.