Wednesday, December 27, 2006

It's cold outside. Why am I going out there?

Just coming back from Christmas with family. I'll be leaving shortly for a little camping excursion with the guys into the frigid and unforgiving northern midwest winter. In case I don't make it back*, these are some of the posts that I'm planning on releasing over the next week and a half:

Top 6 albums of 2006 (very little may be surprising);
A roundup of movies I've seen over the last two months;
A reflection on the overriding cynicism of Christmas/Holiday movies;
An essay on forgiving those who aren't forgiving and don't ask for forgiveness;
A book roundup of late 2006 (which may or may not turn into a Top 6 list).

*My wife and unborn Baby J get everything. Not that that's anything to brag about to anybody...

4 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to see the one on forgiveness - do you think that it might take 6 posts to really cover it? LOL
    Top 6 books? Hmmmm. Still, I could read another 6 but not by the end of this year.
    Have a great camping trip and see you when you've thawed out some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some good post to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good Christmas. Hope you have a safe "excursion".

    ReplyDelete
  4. carolanne,

    thanks. actually, i think it'll take more like 6 months to write that one at this rate.

    rc,

    thanks. i'd like see those myself. maybe i'll surprise all of us and post them within the next week.

    art,

    also sending thanks down your way. my excursion, by the way, was very safe, as we never embarked on it (one of the guys - the polar bear of the group - got violently ill that morning. i don't even think his wife is pregnant presently). but, it was just as well, since this week is serving as a type of long-delayed pseudo-honeymoon for the mrs. and i.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. Rewind.