Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Full of win!

I've been on vacay for a good part since I've last posted here. And when I gets back, all xeno- breaks loose. You know, hatred of The Others because they are The Others. First it was brown people (Mexican immigrants), then it was Black people (African Americans who happen to speak up and notice that America is still racist), now back to another type of Brown people (Muslims, who will be allowed to worship their demon-possessed god as soon as they change their religion).

So, the little blogging that I have done has been the highly satirical/sarcastic type, on the other site. But now that I've gotten that out of my system and saw that The Onion has returned (at least for a bit this week) to its primal form, I can cool my jets. More of teh blogging to come. But for now, a steal from this great, on-the-street report from L'Oignon:
Man Already Knows Everything He Needs To Know About Muslims

SALINA, KS—Local man Scott Gentries told reporters Wednesday that his deliberately limited grasp of Islamic history and culture was still more than sufficient to shape his views of the entire Muslim world...

"I learned all that really matters about the Muslim faith on 9/11," Gentries said in reference to the terrorist attacks on the United States undertaken by 19 of Islam's approximately 1.6 billion practitioners. "What more do I need to know to stigmatize Muslims everywhere as inherently violent radicals?"

"And now they want to build a mosque at Ground Zero," continued Gentries, eliminating any distinction between the 9/11 hijackers and Muslims in general. "No, I won't examine the accuracy of that statement, but yes, I will allow myself to be outraged by it and use it as evidence of these people's universal callousness toward Americans who lost loved ones when the Twin Towers fell."

"All Muslims are at war with America, and I will resist any attempt to challenge that assertion with potentially illuminating facts," said Gentries, who threatened to leave the room if presented with the number of Muslims who live peacefully in the United States, serve in the country's armed forces, or were victims themselves of the 9/11 attacks. "Period."

"If you don't believe me, wait until they put your wife in a burka," Gentries continued in reference to the face-and-body-covering worn by a small minority of Muslim women and banned in the universities of Turkey, Tunisia, and Syria. "Or worse, a rape camp. That's right: For reasons I am content being totally unable to articulate, I am choosing to associate Muslims with rape camps."
As the article is full of win, may you read it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. Rewind.