Saturday, August 15, 2009

More filler: First 24 songs on iPod


another random shuffle, sukas! Set your iPods (or comparable player, in my case, my iTunes player) to shuffle and transcribe the first 25 that come up. You're on the honor code, so no skipping over those teenage girls that you pretend you only have for your nieced and no skipping ahead to some no-name band that quit after its first show thereby granting it instant twirps-in-tight-jeans cred.

Ready? Let's rock!!

Beverly Blvd. - Pigeon John
Ghost of the Heart - Daniel Amos
Droned - Starflyer 59
Jesus Be a Fence Around Me - Fred Hammond
I'm Cool [Interlude] - Stankonia
Presence of the Lord - Blind Faith
Noah: Me and You, Lord - Bill Cosby
One and the Same - Deepspace 5
Axe to Grind - Deepspace 5
I'll Be Around - Duvall
Everything's Just Wonderful - Lily Allen
Can't Stand Losing You - The Police
Theo's Logic - Daniel Amos
I Get a Kick out of You - Frank Sinatra
Thought Managerie - Sixpence None the Richer
Freedom's Child - Billy Joe Shaver
Blank - Violent Femmes
Whitey on the Moon - Gil Scott-Heron
New Way to Be Human - Switchfoot
Rock You - The Roots
Blank - Violent Femmes (yes, that came up twice. What am I supposed to do about that?)
Boplicity - Miles Davis
Blue Monday - New Order
Greater Is He in Me - The Crabb Family (Get your minds outta the gutters, folks. And no, I'm not a fan of Southern Gospel)

Good ness! There is a whole lotta music by Christians on this. Even one of the 'secular' songs is a Gospel song. Fortunately, nothing embarrassing showed up (wouldn't want y'all to believe that I'm still listening to 'Luv Is a Verb' or 'The Champion' now) - at least nothing that I'm embarrassed by - until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. Rewind.