Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sound familiar?

"What if a politician were to see his job as that of an organizer," he wondered, "as part teacher and part advocate, one who does not sell voters short but who educates them about the real choices before them? As an elected public official, for instance, I could bring church and community leaders together easier than I could as a community organizer or lawyer. We would come together to form concrete economic development strategies, take advantage of existing laws and structures, and create bridges and bonds within all sectors of the community. We must form grass-root structures that would hold me and other elected officials more accountable for their actions."


That was Obama when he was running for his first elected office.

And some ten years later (ten years of being inundated by constant criticism, cynicism and narcissism), he still holds to that dream. Only now, he's going global, baby.

2 comments:

  1. I hope he can go global... or at least national (and in power). I really have to restrain myself sometimes. I purposely do not talk much about Obama so that I don't go overboard. He really seems to be that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hold back, Art!
    We need to spread the word :)

    It's a grassroots thing. If we don't talk, no one will.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. Rewind.