Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Teaching environment and stuff

So, one of the Vice Principals sees my first period class today. I ask her specifically to catch that class (which is actually half a class) because it is the most well-behaved of all of them.

She notes some problems later, dealing with classroom management issues, largely. The problem is, that was my best-acting class all week long. The problem is also, our floor (especially our side of the floor) is dealing with some damned-tough students, period. And there is no fix-all for all the problems that we're seeing. I don't think that many people - including the administrators - are aware of that.

I'm going to speak to probably fifteen to twenty parents tomorrow, and I will not be happy. And neither will the parents.

I'm tired already. Again.

I just took two days off two weeks ago and another day off a couple weeks before that.

Luckily, this is a short month.

I will say one thing, though. I'm much better off now than I was a year ago, in terms of classroom management and organization.

I was a HOT mess last year.

(BTW, a great help for me over the last nine months has been reading and trying to implement Robert MacKenzie's Setting Limits in the Classroom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. Rewind.