Monday, March 13, 2006

March Geekness

  • I got 'Zaga and Ohio State in the 4inal 4our on my brackets. I went for the conservative upsets this year. {Does that make me a nerd or a dweeb? I'm thinking dweeb since I didn't crunch any numbers, or watch any full basketball games this year (college or otherwise).}
  • Oh, and tomorrow's my birthday.
  • And Friday's St. Patrick's Day. He's the guy who got all the snakes out of Ireland so that the citizens can freely, openly, and drunkenly brawl. And sometimes maybe worship Jesus. And leprechauns while smoking shamrocks.
  • Saturday's McDiaz day, where Irish-Puerto Ricans celebrate our freedom from the tyrrany of living with our parents. Well, four of us, anyway.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:36 AM

    Happy Day, friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Snakes, huh? I wonder if St. Patrick's Day is connected at all with Whacking Day? (how's that for a nerdy dweeb reference)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, thank you.

    yeah, i think Barry White is the patron saint of Whacking Day.

    "you got to leave the snakes alone."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday Dear Jaaasooonnn
    Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, an early morning, AND late evening announcement, jen.

    thanks, ladies. that was sweet, if a little off-key.
    haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:00 PM

    I'll have you know that we are fabulous singers!!! Rock star quality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha

    didn't sound like that from where I'm sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. if i cleaned the wax out of my ears, i couldn't do my li'l john impersonation so convincingly.

    "WHAAAAAAAAAAATT??"

    "YEEAAAHHHHH!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Can I get a what what?!!!

    Winning that contest was definitely one of my Colombia highlights that year! Who doesn't love free stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:23 PM

    I have to work that following Monday still. Stupid grading last teacher work day stuff. I'd much rather be there whoopin it up at the embassy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. li'l john mcgee?

    mcYeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. Rewind.