Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thirty verses for my favorite 30 year old *

Proverbs 31:10 A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds.

11 Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it.

13 She shops around for the best yarns and (papers), and enjoys (throwing fun birthday parties).

15 She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her (daughter. And occasionally her husband - like on Father's Day).

20 She's quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor.

26 When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, and she always says it kindly.

27 She keeps an eye on everyone in her household, and keeps them all busy and productive. (Well, sometimes it works!)

28 Her children respect and bless her; her husband joins in with words of praise:

29 "Many women have done wonderful things, but you've outclassed them all!"

30 Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.

31 Give her everything she deserves! Festoon her life with praises!

Proverbs 2:2 Tune your ears to the world of Wisdom; set your heart on a life of Understanding.

10 Lady Wisdom will be your close friend, and Brother Knowledge your pleasant companion.

I Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.

2 If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.

3 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

4 Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head,

5 Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,

6 Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,

7 Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.

8 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit.

9 We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete.

10 But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

11 When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

12 We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

13 But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

I John 4:7 Let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God.

8 ... God is love.

Song of Songs 1:2 Kiss me, full on the mouth! Yes! For your love is sweeter than wine.

3 ... The syllables of your name murmur like a meadow brook. No wonder everyone loves to say your name!

2:4 He took me home with him for a festive meal, but his eyes feasted on me!

* Ok, if I did my addition right, it's 31. So, sue me. On second thought, in this heavily litigious day and age, strike that from the record.

All scripture is from The Message translation of the Bible.

2 comments:

Be kind. Rewind.