Friday, August 17, 2007

Enjoy the bandwagon while it lasts...

I'm sorry to disappoint, but the Cubbies are trying to re-stake their claim to actually having a snowball's chance in Chicago's August. I'm not sure I'm willing to jump on board this time. I'm a - get ready for it - fair-weather Cub's fan. Yeah. There. I said it. I don't regret it.

Too many years of sorrow and managerial neglect. Not enough up's to go with the down's. And when they do blow an up, they find a poor ol' Billy Scape Goat. Or a Bartman.

And if you think that the management's little diplomacy trick this off-season of signing huge contracts would sate me: nope. Or the fact that they will be sold this next off-season. Again. Nope.

But since nothing else is happening now (no, Bears preseason doesn't count)...

Go Cubbies!

Oops, wrong team. O well, at least he was focused.
Wait, what do you mean he's not on the team anymore?

3 comments:

  1. Man I'd love to make an intelligent and witty, perhaps even snarky comment on this post but, alas, said post is about baseball - the sport of which I know absolutely nothing!

    What can I say? Good luck with your wooden stick and that little white ball thingie (shrug).

    ReplyDelete
  2. o yeah, that's right. southerners don't really play this here sophisticated sport (although, ironically, louisville ky is some focal point of history in baseball. hmmm...)

    actually, it's probably because you don't need to slow down anymore (it's ok, we hear it in your speech), while northerners tend to appreciate the pastoral aspects of the game - which is why wrigley field and fenway ballpark are so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about that, I've been told many times that I speak WAY too fast for a Southerner... (usually followed by, "You ain't from 'round here, are ya?")

    And some Southerners do love baseball, I just never got into it for some reason...

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. Rewind.