Thursday, August 09, 2007

More pix

Awe is more than emotion. It is a way of understanding insight into a meaning greater than ourselves. The beginning of awe is wonder, and the beginning of wisdom is awe... Man may forfeit his sense of the ineffable. To be alive is a commonplace, the sense of radical amazement is gone... Deprived of the ability to praise, modern man is forced to look for entertainment, entertainment is becoming compulsory.
Rabbi Abraham Heschel
Stanford University, 1963
from Pillar of Fire, Taylor Branch


As you may note, there are more pictures. And I took more liberties playing around with the images (you might see why I dropped out of art school [not to be confused with Art Ruch]).



Enjoy! She's a doll (if I do say so myself).

P.S. Over the Rhine is now streaming their entire new album at OvertheRhine.com. Go, listen, enjoy. If nothing else, it'll make for a great soundtrack while you view and read this blog.

6 comments:

  1. I love it that I have so many schools named for me;)

    Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:57 AM

    She's such a cutie! There's not a thing wrong with the photos, either.

    Now, Art...I was driving through Lake Mary, FL, last week, and found "Art Lane." If the traffic on Lake Mary Blvd hadn't been so heavy, I would've pulled over and taken a pic just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter truly IS a cutie. Can we call her jossdye?

    Also, thanks for the OtR heads-up. I've been listening to it all afternoon, while taping up the trim in ex-roommates' rooms before painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is quite beautiful. I especially like the picture of her feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. art,

    there's like movements and stuff named after you. like wow.

    vicki,

    did you stick around to the end? that's when all the doctored photos show up.

    jenn,

    no.
    that'd be horrible. she's a newborn. she needs space. between the first name and the last name, that is.

    "Over the Rhine": music to paint by. awesome.

    ozni,

    me too. since they're so big, though, i know she'll never have trouble keeping balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:59 PM

    Yes, I did stick around to the end! There's nothing really wrong with those doctored pix...you still have an adorable little lady.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. Rewind.