Monday, April 09, 2007

And... Discuss!

The rain and snow come down from the heavens
and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the rain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
You will live in joy and peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
Where once there were throns, cypress trees will grow.
Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
These events will bring great honor to the Lord's name;
they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.

Isaish 55:10-13 [New Living Translation]

I will only say this much right now (for lack of sleep and time), just reviewing chapters 52-56:
I am amazed at how much Jesus, the Gospel writers, and John's Revelation relies on the images seemingly centralized here. One I just noticed the other day (to kind of tip my hand in the direction I may or may not head), is the correlation between the 11th verse here and the picture of Jesus produced in the first chapter of John, culminating with his resurrection and vindication.

Let's play a game. What other such correlations do you notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind. Rewind.